- World-class pastry chef has carved her niche in Las Vegas culinary scene
- Monday, Jan. 4, 2021
- Sonia El-Nawal has worked for some of the most accomplished chefs at some of the most distinguished restaurants in the world. In Las Vegas, she launched Rooster Boy Cafe, branded after her Rooster Boy Granola, which was built on El-Nawal’s philosophy of “taste something happy.”
- Cheese expert: "When you find the thing you love, you’ll take the time to nurture it'
- Monday, Dec. 21, 2020
- Diana Brier, a Certified Cheese Sensory Evaluator and local business owner, talks about her journey from financial analytics to cheesemonger extraordinaire, and shares tips on creating a perfect holiday cheese platter.
- Realtor expects huge spring for Las Vegas housing market
- Monday, Dec. 14, 2020
- “The real estate market is being supported by the low rates for financing,” says Sam Coleman, owner of Hoops to Homes.
- CrossFit gym owner: 'It’s the supportive, like-minded community that creates the magic'
- Monday, Dec. 7, 2020
- Nick McCombs never has to look far for motivation: He just looks around his gym. Branded One CrossFit, a nonprofit that provides free memberships to disabled servicemen and women, aims to empower veterans through physical exercise and a supportive community.
- Young restaurateur: Competing in culinary world takes passion, perseverance
- Monday, Nov. 30, 2020
- Van-Alan Nguyen began his journey in the culinary industry as a 16-year-old cashier at In-N-Out Burger. Today, he co-owns one restaurant, 595 Craft and Kitchen (as well as the affiliated Arts District Kitchen inside the Able Brewing Company in downtown Las Vegas), and is preparing to open another, Street Burger.
- Flight school owner: Business is a roller coaster, so don't jump off
- Monday, Nov. 23, 2020
- Paul Sallach’s parents and grandparents wanted him to be a third-generation pastor, but his vision for his future had a bird’s-eye view.
- Las Vegas brewing company co-founder: Every businessperson should start in sales
- Monday, Nov. 16, 2020
- Adam Coates and Ryan Reaves have been friends since they were 8 years old, and even won a hockey championship together in high school. As Reaves continued his career on the ice and reached the NHL, Coates began a career in the beer industry.
- Small-business owner's advice: Find your inspiration, then chase it with everything you've got
- Monday, Nov. 9, 2020
- Although Any Occasion Baskets is a year-round business, the holiday season is when the bulk of its sales come. And during a pandemic, owner Felicia Parker and her team have to be ready for anything.
- Fergusons Downtown co-founder: Look forward, but be present
- Monday, Nov. 2, 2020
- For Jen Taler, living small got a little bit more complicated this year when she became a mother. The co-founder and creative strategist for Fergusons Downtown, though, remains a staunch advocate of minimalism.
- Tech recruiter: 'Companies that don’t let the pandemic define them will allow it to refine them'
- Monday, Oct. 26, 2020
- When companies had to make cuts at the start of the pandemic, many released their contract workforce first. As a result, businesses like Sonia Petkewich’s Taurean Consulting Group took a hit. Petkewich is CEO and tech recruiter for her business, an IT staffing and project solutions company. As businesses bring back workers or make decisions to fill key roles, though, Petkewich says they are reaching out again.
Library Services & Reprint Permissions
Email » | 702-259-4064
Rebecca is the library services specialist for the Las Vegas Sun and Greenspun Media Group. In addition to archiving stories and images, conducting research and providing content, she handles licensing and reprint requests from the public and is the liaison between the newsroom and professional journalism organizations. Prior to joining the Sun in 1999 she was a legal librarian in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Locally owned and independent since 1950; Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service, best news website in the nation & DuPont Award for broadcast journalism
© Las Vegas Sun, 2021, All Rights Reserved
Las Vegas Sun 2275 Corporate Circle, Ste. 300 Henderson, NV 89074