- Fire does $1 million damage to vacant building near Strat
- Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021
- Fire destroyed a vacant building Tuesday near the Strat, causing an estimated $1 million in damage, Las Vegas Fire & Rescue officials said. Nobody was injured, and ...
- Nevada leaders remember Adelson as business trailblazer, philanthropist
- Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2021
- Nevada leaders reacted today to the death of Las Vegas casino mogul Sheldon Adelson, remembering him as a businessman who championed ideas that shaped Nevada and a philanthropist. Adelson, founder, chairman and CEO of ...
- How to be notified when it’s your turn for the COVID vaccine in Nevada
- Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2021
- Nevada isn’t offering appointments or pre-registration for the public to receive the coronavirus vaccine. Rather, the state asks you complete a survey to be notified when you become eligible.
- No DUI charge filed against Raiders’ Josh Jacobs, attorneys say
- Monday, Jan. 11, 2021
- Prosecutors have not charged Raiders running back Josh Jacobs with DUI after a single-car crash on Jan. 4, his attorneys said today. “After an extensive review of the evidence ...
- Las Vegas motorist killed in single-car crash
- Saturday, Jan. 9, 2021
- A motorist was killed early today when a speeding car hit a curb, went out of control and crashed into a block wall, according to Metro Police. The crash happened about ...
- Police: Suspect in custody after person reportedly threatened with knife
- Friday, Jan. 8, 2021
- A man who reportedly threatened another person with a knife was taken into custody after a short standoff with officers, according to Metro Police. Dispatchers received a call about ...
- Fire breaks out at condominium construction site
- Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021
- Investigators are trying to determine the cause of a two-alarm fire at a condominium construction site in the northwest valley, according to...
- Police: Raiders’ Josh Jacobs arrested on DUI count after crash
- Monday, Jan. 4, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders running back Joshua Jacobs was booked on a DUI count early today after a single-vehicle crash near McCarran International Airport, according to ...
- NHP: 36 arrested on suspicion of DUI during New Year's Eve
- Friday, Jan. 1, 2021
- Metro Police will announce its impaired driving stats later, but earlier reported its first fatal crash of 2021. The fatal driver was ...
- Despite virus, thousands celebrate New Year's in Las Vegas
- Friday, Jan. 1, 2021
- Hello, 2021. While the party on the Las Vegas Strip was slightly different than past new year celebrations, the end result was the same: A festive countdown and joyful ringing in ...
- Newseum chronicles Elvis' meteoric rise
- Tuesday, April 6, 2010
- People in the news quiz
- Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2009
- Can you name these eight people who were in the Las Vegas Sun this week?
- Fake field goal sets up Green Valley win
- Friday, Aug. 28, 2009
- Green Valley beat Centennial 10-7 tonight.
- ESPN 1100 hosts Radiothon to benefit cancer wellness center
- Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Longtime boxing analyst Al Bernstein and ESPN Radio 1100, supported by a score of UFC personalities, will again be hosting “The Longest Radio Show Ever” next weekend to benefit The Caring Place — a non-profit facility that provides free services to support the mind, body and spirit of individuals touched by cancer.
- 51s drop another
- Monday, May 4, 2009
The slide continued for the 51s on Sunday. Despite taking a two-run lead in the fourth inning, Las Vegas gave up four runs in the seventh to suffer their third straight setback, a 4-2 defeat to the Salt Lake Bees at Cashman Field.
- UNLV's golf team wins Southern Highlands Collegiate Championship
- Monday, March 16, 2009
The UNLV men's golf team erased a 12-shot deficit in the final round of the Southern Highlands Collegiate Championship on Sunday and held off Oklahoma State by a single stroke to win its own tourney for the second straight year with a 54-hole total of 9-under par 855.
- Former Sen. Heck to run for governor
- Friday, March 13, 2009
- Sun columnist Jon Ralston is reporting that former state Sen. Joe Heck will enter the race for governor.
- NHL awards ceremony coming to the Palms
- Monday, Jan. 26, 2009
- Hot-handed Allen, Malott reach PBA TOC finals
- Saturday, Jan. 24, 2009
Wes Malott kept his hot streak going Friday, jumping into the lead of the Professional Bowlers Association’s H&R Block Tournament of Champions at Red Rock Lanes in the afternoon.
But by the end of the night, the five-time PBA Tour titlist — fresh off his Bayer Earl Anthony Medford Classic title last weekend in Medford, Ore. — needed every ounce of that luck to survive and advance into Sunday’s ESPN televised (9:30 a.m. PT) stepladder finals.
- Page takes lead in PBA event with perfect game
- Friday, Jan. 23, 2009
The reigning Professional Bowlers Association’s Rookie of the Year could have just as easily stayed fixated in the moment Thursday night at Red Rock Lanes.
Instead, Rhino Page finished his star gazing in warm ups and proceeded to roll a perfect game during the opening round of match play in the H&R Block Tournament of Champions.